Oh, the joys of exams!
If you want to know why my blog might be a little quiet for the next week, you can follow me on twitter to hear my latest complaints about writing exams. Or maybe the blog will be the opposite of quiet – procrastination for the win!
Also, tips on keeping your head straight and/or not wearing your concentration out too quickly will be greatly appreciated!
Enjoy your december if you have the time – I will be looking forward to actually celebrating christmas again a few years from now.
November has come to a close and december is about to begin. Both a time of joy but also a time of stress for the students such as myself. I wanted to create a post about some of the things that I have really been loving in the month of November – this is a beauty edition.
1. I recently re-discovered two of my Essie nail polishes – ‘Leading Lady’ and ‘Muchi, Muchi’. Leading Lady is very fitting for the winter/christmas months and Muchi, Muchi is just a classic. Although very new, I also love Sally Hansen’s ‘Rule of Plum
2. All things Sally Hansen. Oh. My. God. It’s a good brand! Their nail polishes are so beautiful and I got a chance to try their top and base coat and I am in love. Especially the top coat blew my mind away. When they call it ‘fast-dry’ they really mean it! It’s basically the only brand I buy at the moment.
3. Gosh Liquid Eyeliner. After my holiday I stopped using eyeliner for a while because I had a tan, but I just started using this again.
4. TIGI Bed Head Manipulator. I got this when I got permanent curls and now it’s almost empty. It’s a great hair wax for longer hair because it is more liquid-y and easier to apply all over long hair.
5. TIGI Catwalk Bodifying Spray. This is a really good hair spray and for once it actually smells well too instead of choking you 🙂
6. I still love the Nivea In-shower Body Lotion. You can read my opinions about it here.
7. My new O.P.I Matte Top coat that I got yesterday – yes, yesterday was still november 😉 I got it as a gift and I went home and tried it out immediately and I love the look it gives.
This song cracks me up! I first saw the Anthology series about 4 years ago and this song still makes me smile whenever it comes on.
As the people who know me know, I am a HUGE Beatles fan! So you’ll probably see a lot of Beatles songs on here :p
At first I didn’t think too much of the anthology songs – I like the originals more. Looking back I see what a big mistake it was to skip the anthology tracks! They reveal so much vulnerability and sincerity and it makes you feel like you’re closer to the guys.
Even if you don’t like the Beatles you should give this track a listen – I’m almost positively sure that it will at least bring a smile to you face.
Music plays a big role in my life – I’ve sung in choir for 12 years, played the piano for 10 years , the marimba for 2 years and I studied music in gymnasium. In addition to that I rarely leave the house without my iPod and when I need to really relax I just lay on my bed and listen to music. I like to lose myself in the music, the lyrics, the story.
In addition to my nail polish challenge, which is bound to end at some point, I am considering creating a new series of blog posts. Regularly I would create a blog post telling you about the song of that day – a song I have gotten in to lately or have rediscovered or a song I find fascinating for some reason. It is not going to be EVERY day, but the song of THAT day – the day when I feel like sharing a song with you.
What do you think about that idea?
So, as you may (or may not) have noticed, I am having quite a difficult time deciding on a theme for my blog. I find a theme, customize it and review the final product, but there is still something a little off. Recently I have been spending a lot of time reading blogs (which is also why I decided to start my own) and as a read other people’s blogs or discover new blogs, I find awesome new features on THEIR blog that I simply MUST have on my blog! I also like browsing for themes as a way to pass time, which has resulted in the changes. I don’t think I will ever be 100 % satisfied with my theme, but I guess that is a good thing? That way I will continue to look at design and content critically and continually improve both for a better experience for all. Oh well, when you’re such a big perfectionist as I am, you have to find excuses to keep changing things up 😉
If you find something on my blog that you really like, or something that you don’t like, please let me now, so I now whether or not I’m on the right track 😉